Sunday, July 09, 2006

Amazing July Day!

A day like yesterday is a rare thing in July, in Indiana. By now, we are usually knee-deep in humidity. It was amazingly beautiful, and no humidity.

Feeling a need to be outside and do something fun, we headed to the canal. We had lunch at the Eiteljorg outside overlooking the canal. They have really tried to pump up this new cafe there, but after a $30+ lunch, I must say they have again missed the mark. Nothing spectacular. Then, the boys rode their bikes along the canal, stopping to play in the fountains and feed the fish and ducks. They loved riding over the wooden bridge like in Three Billy Goat Gruff at the north end (near the USS Indianapolis memorial). We all wish we could have done the surrey bikes, we love those! But, with Jeff still hobbling around with a torn ACL, it wasn't possible. When I was pregnant with Andrew, I rented one by myself with Phillip and Samuel. I could do that, but I couldn't peddle all five of us around, I know that! Then, a stop at Ritter's on the way home (first a stop at a gas station for fuel, where Samuel thought he saw "Fat Alvert," or as you may know him by, Fat Albert). What a day!

No comments: