Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Garden Grows and Other Adventures

A full entry follows the photos. And, for some reason I put the comments about the photos above instead of below this time.

The garden grows...Cucumbers are plentiful!

Yes, that is basil behind Samuel! It's huge...

Andy next to the corn, peas, pumpkins and peppers. See all of those green tomatoes behind him? Soon we will be swimming in juicy Indiana tomatoes!
The 7+ foot tall sunflowers, finally starting to flower.
More of our veggies.
The White River...about 45 minutes north of Indy, a much different river than what we are used to! Going canoeing with PJ and Sam.
Riding in the canoe places van up to the drop-off spot. In the van, no car seats--a first for these guys, they thought it was pretty cool.
Loading in the canoe
We survived (well, I almost didn't). Playing the river after we arrived at our destination. More on the canoe trip later.
Is that mom in the river?!? Well, it is only about 8 inches deep and I can see the bottom.
Looking like I enjoyed myself. I guess I did, after I got through the panic attack! No, it wasn't that bad, but I certainly am not a river girl.
My master Lego builder's latest creations. Pretty ingenious stuff for a five (almost six) year old.

1 comment:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I love how that first picture looks like he is gonna throw the cuc at the camera. I'm just popping in to say that BlogHer is a big conference for women who blog. We're all gonna go hang out and meet the internet rockstars like the true geeks that we are. There you have it.