Monday, September 22, 2008

I Am...

...a sloucher. I caught my reflection in a window the other day at lunch and I looked like a little old lady. It's getting worse and I am only 36. In fact, I am such a sloucher that I have a series of pictures of me from a photographer where I am leaning back out of fear I will appear to be slouching.

...a head tilter. Whenever I smile or listen carefully, I tilt my head to one side. I remember a school photographer telling me to stop tilting my head and he placed it center, I felt like I was leaning over to the left and going to fall!

...borderline obsessive compulsive. I may have told you this one before. I love order, things to be organized by color, by size, in groups, etc. I love uniformity and like to count in my head. Yes, I know. I told you I am borderline. My husband is the only thing that keeps me from going over the line. If the stack of papers is messy (anywhere in the world, except my office) I cannot just walk away--must...fix...paper!

...a chatty person in lines. I love to talk to strangers--anywhere, anytime and any place. Thank God I live in Indiana, where just about everyone talks to anyone. It is one of the things I don't like about traveling, going to cities where no one talks to you.

...some sort of food addict. I just don't know what kind. But, I clearly have food issues. Otherwise, a diet would work, but it doesn't. I eat to feel better when I am depressed, stressed, overwhelmed. I eat to express love and happiness (celebrations, fellowship of friends, etc.). I eat because food just tastes so stinkin good.

...my father's daughter. The good, the bad and the ugly. I wouldn't have it any other way.

...terrible at phone calls. I feel like I talk all day long. To clients, to Jeff, to the kids, to people (total strangers, remember? See above), the last thing I want to do is talk on the phone. Oh, and our phones all suck and it is very difficult to hear on them. Or maybe, it's because...

...maybe almost deaf in one ear. I swear I have such bad hearing. Don't whisper to me, don't talk softly in a crowd and definitely don't ask me to read your lips--I suck at that. And, I am not good at talking with people who have strong accents, I for some reason am not good at translating.

...loud. I am just loud, that is all there is to it. Our house is loud, our kids are loud. We are a loud family. I try to remember that saying about speak softly and people will listen, but it doesn't work for me.

...going to bed because I am an early riser. Wake me up before dawn and I can accomplish a full day's work. I wake up right away, don't need time to warm up, I am ready to go. But, don't call on me for anything after 8:30PM, I am toast. See? It's 10PM, way past my prime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am...glad you are back! I missed your entries!

Thanks for the recipe exchange...I don't have 20 friends but I will try my best :)

Anonymous said...

You might want to consider a professional therapist...! I love your honesty.

Lisa