Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Am Such a Looooser!

I am such a loooooser...really, I am. What happened to me?!? I really was cool once upon a time (I think, well maybe). But, now I seem to have stooped to a new level of looser-ism.

Okay, first I am getting my haircut and telling my hairdresser about this girl who doesn't use diapers on her children. It is called elimination communication. Way over my line, but whatever. My hairdresser asks, "So how do you know this person? I was left with no alternative answer (I am not a good liar on the fly and even a worse liar with time to consider) but to say, "Oh, I don't really know her know her. I read her blog ever day, you know...I check in to see what is going on in her life." And, her reply was of course, "so, this is a total stranger?" Feeling like I really shouldn't have shared this interesting tidbit about Mother Anarchy's interesting approach to addressing bodily functions with her babies, I replied, "Well, yes." My hairdresser obviously isn't in to blogs.

And, that--the word hairdresser. That isn't what they are called, is it? See, I am such a looser. Maybe I should say stylist. Just ask Emily about the time I asked her something about "buddy-chatting" only to learn that it is now referred to as instant messaging, or the really cool way to say it--IM. I think I am really operating in my own world and protecting myself from those things I don't understand. I have got to find a way to know what is cool.

I think maybe I am just getting older. Not old, but you know, older. I don't understand most of the shows on MTV now (except for Laguna Beach, I mean duh...hot Stephen trying to decide between rich and thin Kristin and slightly more intelligent and super super rich LC). I haven't even seen the last few seasons of Real World and am bored by the RR/RR Challenge within seconds.

I think this is the precursor, to the precursor of the stage where you are an old woman and let out big farts every time you go pee in a public restroom. So there you have it. My future looks good: I will let big farts as I share randomnesses of my friends, who I don't even know with strangers in public restrooms. Oh, my future looks good!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the fall guy

Anonymous said...

the fall guy