Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 12: A Meme I Can Actually Do...I Think

I am back in Indy after four days in Nashville. Catching up on reading my blogs early this morning and I came across this. Despite the fact that I really don't like reading these kinds of things, I am going to post one on my own blog. I think this is one I can actually do, that requires little knowledge of pop culture or finite conclusions (although I admittedly edited it slightly).

1. What is your occupation? I describe this in many ways...depends on who is asking...and if I think they seriously want to know or are just being polite. To be brief, I am a consultant or a writer.
2. What color are your socks right now? White
3. What are you listening to right now? My kids watching "Air Bud," the soccer version, whatever it's called.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Three buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup.
5 . Can you drive a standard? Yes, all women should be able to further reduce our need to depend on a man. One car is a six speed (Mini) and one is automatic (van).
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? blue, blue, blue.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Jeff, my husband.
8. How old are you today? 34 and a half.
9.Favorite drink? I only drink four things: water, 7-up, coffee and apple juice. Water is my favorite, unless I see someone going for the tap to retrieve it (yuck!). Oh, and wine. I love a nice glass of deep red wine on a cool winter night.
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Tennis or basketball
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, of course...I am an American woman!
12. Pets? One cat named Kitty. She is available to a good home!
13. Favorite Food? Are you serious? See...this is one of those questions I just cannot answer. Which meal? Which season? Am I in Indiana or traveling? Who is cooking? Too many to choose.
14. What was the last movie you watched? High School Musical! "We're soaring..."
15. What was the last book you read? No doubt something about parenting.
16. What do you do to vent anger? Yell and blame others. :) Sad, but probably true. I eventually come to my senses.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Art Supplies or babies.
18. What is your favorite fall or spring? Spring.
19. Hugs or kisses? Hugs, followed by a kiss to seal the deal.
20. Cherries or blueberries or Strawberries? Strawberries, unless it has something to do with pound cake and homemade whipped cream, then strawberries and blueberries. Dried cherries on salads, but no cherry pie.
21. Living arrangements? Five in the house. Jeff and I share, Phillip and Same share, Andy is on his own and a guest room.
22. When was the last time you cried? It couldn't have been that long ago, but I don't remember (who wants to).
23. What is on the floor of your closet? Nothing. I hate things sitting on the floor.
24. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Stacey. We have been friends since we were five. Do the math! That is 29 years. Still exchange emails, cards, photos and visit (live in different cities).
25. Favorite smells? Another tough one. Food? Outdoors? Indoors? Natural? Man-made? I love the smell of anything vanilla. I love the smell of onions sauteing in butter. I love the smell of a cake baking, I love the smell of Hyacinths. I love the smell of spring or before it snows.
26. What are you afraid of? See previous post about irrational fears. My rational fears? In no particular order: Scary dogs not on a leash. Creepy men (and, you know the kind I am talking about). Loosing someone in my family. Going broke.
27. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheesy turkey burgers. The only beef burger I will eat is from 96th Street Hamburgers, about twice a year.
28. Favorite dog breed? Golden Retriever
29. Number of keys on your key ring ? house, garage, car and others to who knows what!
30. How many years at your current job? 6
31. Favorite day of the week? Tuesday
32. How many states have you lived in? Two...Indiana and Pennsylvania.
33. Favorite holiday? Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wine?
XO Mary