Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Day 8: Nashville

I arrived in Nashville tonight with two colleagues for a conference. I am exhausted...up since 4AM this morning, traveling, out to dinner, and moving hotel rooms three times. Yup...three times. As soon as I arrived in my room, I went to the bathroom and flushed the toilet and could tell something was wrong (just pee, folks). I had to flush three times just to get the toilet paper down.

I called the front desk, they sent up maintenance (or "engineers" as they call them in hotels). He said they would need to come tomorrow morning and replace the toilet. The whole toilet! My colleague, Stacie told me I really needed to change rooms. I called the front desk, they said they could move me and already unpacked I said let me think about it. I rested for a bit before we headed out to dinner. Then, pee again before we left. The toilet was even worse, I thought for sure it was going to overflow. Stacie is right, I had to change rooms.

I did, and they clearly "down-graded" me and put me on a smoking floor (nonsmoking wing of a smoking floor--whatever--it stank). I asked to be moved again. Well, I got an even wierder room, but I am going to make the most of it (or try). I am seriously disappointed. It's a Lowes hotel and I had seriously higher expectations. Lowes are usually very upscale and contemporary. This almost looks like it used to be something else and they turned it into a Lowe's. Either way, I am here.

More tomorrow, I hope. I am too tired tonight!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

never heard of a Lowe's hotel. isn't that a home improvement store? maybe that is why you thought it would be nice? new bathroom fixtures, a sassy new rug for the entryway.

oh, wait! wrong place.